Smart BRO PREPAID, the newest Smart Bro broadband internet service that allows you to surf the net anywhere there?s a PC! Absolutely no Monthly Service Fee since it?s prepaid!
The Smart BRO USB modem is a small, palm-sized device that you can carry with you wherever you go. And anytime you need to surf, just plug it into the USB port of your PC, and you?ll get connected in a flash. Total initial payment is P4500 with FREE P30 broadband load. Broadband Internet use is P10 for every 30 minutes.
Here’s what I have to say about this new product from Smart BRO.The Good:
- It’s prepaid. No documents required.
- Internet access anywhere there is a Smart signal.
- Lots of load outlets to reload your prepaid account.
- Expensive kit. At Php4500, one could buy a 2nd hand Nokia 6630, which does the same thing (connect to the internet), plus lots more (calls, text, etc.)
- Php10 per 30 minutes. Although this rate is competitive (almost same as internet cafes), heavy users may not find it appealing. Surfing 2 hours a day would cost PHP1200 in a month, which is more expensive than the monthly unlimited rate of P999.
- Frequent disconnections. This is based on my experience with Smart 3G (same ISP as Smart BRO). It occurs usually between 9pm to 11pm.
- If you don’t have a 3G phone and don’t plan on spending tens of thousands of pesos to get one, go get Smart BRO prepaid.
- If you have a 3G phone but there’s no 3G signal, it’s not worth it.
- If you have a 3G phone and there is 3G signal, you don’t need it.